Esso / Mobil LPG
ExxonMobil markets and distributes piped in and cylinder liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to households and commercial establishments territory-wide. We are also one of the leading suppliers of bulk and cylinder LPG for industrial use.
Esso / Mobil LPG
Why use Esso/Mobil LPG?
Here are the top reasons why LPG is a preferred fuel source for cooking:
- LPG is an economical fuel source
- It burns readily and gives off instant heat
- The flame is visible and its size is easily controllable to meet your heating needs
- LPG does not create black smoke or leave messy soot, thus keeping cooking vessels clean
- Requesting a replacement cylinder is easy. Simply call your nearest authorized Esso LPG distributor for fast, efficient and free home delivery service
Order Esso/Mobil LPG today!
We are one of the largest LPG marketers in Hong Kong, offering Esso and Mobil branded cylinder liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
You can trust our extensive distribution network to supply you with the fuels you need where and when you need them. We have been supplying LPG in Hong Kong for more than 50 years, and our goal remains the same, to provide you with exceptional products and services because energy fuels global progress.
Piped-in LPG supply system
We were the first oil company to supply piped-in liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to high-rise apartments in Hong Kong, and we are proud of our long relationship with the city. We now operate about 50 centralized piped LPG supply systems serving more than 100,000 households, and thanks to our experience and long-standing presence in Hong Kong, you can depend on our reliable and trusted supply.
Introducing the new Esso LPG HK App
Characteristics of LPG
What is LPG?
LPG stands for liquefied petroleum gas. It is commonly used for cooking and for heating water. It is a clean-burning, nonpoisonous, dependable and high-performance fuel stored and transported in containers as a liquid, but is generally drawn out and used as a gas.
What is the composition of LPG?
LPG occurs naturally in crude oil and natural gas production fields, and is also produced during the oil refining process. It is a mixture of light gaseous hydrocarbons (propane, butane), which are gaseous at a normal ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure, but become liquid through the application of moderate pressure.
At normal temperatures and pressures, LPG will evaporate, so it is supplied in pressurized steel cylinders. To allow for thermal expansion, these cylinders are typically filled to between 80 and 85 percent of their capacity.
What are the significant characteristics of LPG?
LPG has three significant characteristics:
LPG allows efficient cooking
- LPG is easily controllable, so users can cook with their desired heat or flame intensity.
LPG is heavier than air
- When LPG leaks from its cylinder, LPG vapor will flow and accumulate at the ground level. Therefore, leaks are dangerous as LPG can burn when it comes in contact with any source of ignition. Always keep windows open and ventilate your kitchen well.
LPG is odorless and colorless
- To detect leakage, LPG is given a distinctive smell by adding a special stenching agent in concentrations that will ensure its detection, even if the leakage is well below the level of flammability.
LPG product quality
ExxonMobil markets and distributes liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to thousands of households and commercial establishments territory-wide. We are also one of the leading suppliers of bulk and cylinder LPG for industrial use.
Our products pass through the most rigorous testing to ensure these quality standards:
- LPG purity
- Accurate cylinder weight
- Safety measures
- Cylinder integrity
LPG safety tips
When buying your liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
- Always buy LPG cylinders from our authorized LPG distributors only
- When the LPG cylinder is delivered to your home, please check to ensure that the cylinder bears our genuine Esso or Mobil seal. The genuine Esso or Mobil seal should be present and intact. Do not accept the cylinder if the seal is broken
When cooking with LPG
- Keep windows open to ventilate your kitchen
- Do not place flammable or plastic items near the flame
- Turn pan handles away from the flame
- Never leave your cooking unattended. The sauce or liquid in your cooking vessel could overflow and extinguish the burners, causing gas to leak
- Always keep the LPG valve / regulator switched off when your gas stove or oven is not in use, especially at night and when going on a holiday
- Always store the LPG cylinder in an upright position and away from other combustible and flammable materials. Store no more than one spare LPG cylinder at any given time
- Always ventilate your LPG cylinder storage area
- Never tamper with your LPG cylinder
- Make sure all parts of the installation are in good condition. If you find anything wrong with any part, contact your distributor immediately and ask for assistance
Safe use of LPG cylinders
Regular Safety Inspection of Gas Installations
- For safety reasons, householders should arrange/facilitate the regular safety inspection of their gas installations at an interval of not more than 18 months by registered gas supply company/registered gas contractor to ensure such installations are in order
Storage of LPG cylinders
- Unless specifically approved in accordance with the Gas Safety Ordinance, storing LPG cylinders (including empty cylinders) with a total nominal water capacity of over 130 litres (approximately 50 kg nominal weight) at any time is an offence
General keeping and handling of cylinders
- Handle with care to avoid damage
- Store cylinders upright in a well-ventilated and readily accessible location
- Keep away from heat and flames, especially when exchanging cylinders
- Do not use or keep LPG cylinders below ground level or adjacent to drains, and basements
When using LPG Cylinders
- Check the cylinder and regulator for damage and leaks
- Use only the pressure regulator provided by the respective gas supply company, and protect the regulator from damage. Ask the gas supply company or registered gas contractor to arrange replacement when it is to be expired
- Turn off the regulator switch after use. Disconnect the regulator if not going to use for prolonged periods
- Frequently check rubber tubing for loose connections, damage and leaks. Ask your registered gas contractor to change it if you notice any defects or to be expired
- Keep flammable materials away from gas appliances
- Do not leave gas appliances turned on without constant supervision
Safe exchange of LPG cylinders
- Extinguish all nearby flames, and do not smoke
- Switch off gas appliances
- Switch off and disconnect the pressure regulator; then replace the used LPG cylinder
- Carefully and firmly re-connect the pressure regulator and check that there is no smell/sound of gas leaking from the cylinder connection
- Switch on the pressure regulator, and check your gas appliances for proper operation
Know more about safety inspection of LPG appliances
If you have any questions about Esso/Mobil LPG, please call: +852 800 933 696.
Business divisionsExxonMobil uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. We hold an industry-leading inventory of resources and are one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. Access to energy underpins human comfort, mobility, economic prosperity and social progress. It touches nearly every aspect of modern life. We work very hard to meet Hong Kong and Macau’s growing energy needs, and have done so since we began operating here more than 120 years ago.
Our business Article